If you want to get ahead with your Christmas shopping, Friday 27th November 2020 is your day! In America, the Friday after Thanksgiving is called “Black Friday”, this is when most people would take a sick day from work to get a 4 day weekend! In more recent years it has spread worldwide as a day of sales in the most popular shops. (And a great opportunity to grab early Christmas deals!)
As Black Friday is only one day, I have a few tips to help you navigate it and secure a bargain!
Tips for Black Friday:
- Shop online as stores are stocking less this year.
- Have a list of things you would like to buy.
- Put things in your online basket/wish list beforehand and keep watching on 27th Nov.
- Sign up to mailing lists to get exclusive deals.
- Start early! (6am is when sites are quietest and less likely to crash)
A few shops such as Argos and Amazon have started their sale early so check them out.
The most anticipated Black Friday sales this year are from Very, Boots, AO, John Lewis and Currys/PC World.