ACDI is a registered charity and company limited by guarantee which was established in 2005 in East Ayrshire. Its aim is to work with the community improving the physical, recreational, and social environment in the village and surrounding settlements for all residents, to create employment, training and volunteering opportunities and to restore a sense of pride in our communities
ACDI Achievements and Successes to date:
Over the last ten years, ACDI has successfully managed and delivered a number of large scale funding projects as well creating substantial local employment opportunities for disadvantaged residents, improving the area; and the lives of those involved.
ACDI achievements and successes to date:
- BIG Lottery Community Spaces (Community Growing Garden)
- SCORE Landfill Tax (Educational Facility)
- 9 leased derelict and unused sites from East Ayrshire Council converted into Community Gardens
- Developed and created 2 acre site into a Trim Trail (Outdoor exercise equipment)
- Recruited over 70 previously unemployed local Youths via National and local employability programmes such as Future Jobs Fund and Community Jobs Scotland through Auchinleck Premier Landscaping
- Created 4 Modern Apprenticeships posts for previously unemployed local disadvantaged Youths
- Created a new Social Enterprise (Auchinleck Premier Landscaping) which has established initial commercial success within the locale, assisted by Scottish Government’s Enterprise Ready Fund award for capital equipment and revenue costs to support a Procurement Officer
- Granted Awarded from the Scottish Government’s Strengthening Communities Fund to employ a Development Officer over a 2 year period
- Track Record of Outreach and Engagement
ACDI’s front facing relationship with the local communities, community groups and statutory agencies built over the last 10 years, clearly demonstrates its experience and expertise in engaging with clients and groups at a local level; enabling ACDI to reach the most disengaged people. ACDI has over the last 10 years established and built community trust that sees ACDI as a key community resource and an agency that is approachable, honest and trustworthy in the advice and guidance it provides. ACDI are a fully-fledged partner of the East Ayrshire Job seeking services Partnership, enabling it to influence and support the development of local and regional job seeking support services including the engagement services to be delivered by STEP.
We are keen to take this commitment and success forward with the STEP programme, working even more closely in the community