ACDI (Ltd) is a company limited by guarantee (SC284546) with charitable status (SCO36623) and is also a community led anchor organisation operating in Auchinleck and the surrounding areas of East Ayrshire, with a specific aim of regenerating our local communities.
All our services and activities stem from the following two strategic pillars: PEOPLE and PLACE.
Our activities include Community Events, Community Gardens, a Social Enterprise and an Employability Engagement Service
For Auchinleck and its surrounding areas to be a healthy and happy place to live and play.
To advance the physical, social, economic and cultural development of Auchinleck and its surrounding areas by developing and delivering projects and activities that will improve the social quality and economic value of our residents and communities.
ACDI Achievements and Successes to date:
Over the last ten years, ACDI has successfully managed and delivered a number of large scale funding projects as well creating substantial local employment opportunities for disadvantaged residents, improving the area; and the lives of those involved.
ACDI achievements and successes to date:
- BIG Lottery Community Spaces (Community Growing Garden)
- SCORE Landfill Tax (Educational Facility)
- 9 leased derelict and unused sites from East Ayrshire Council converted into Community Gardens
- Developed and created 2 acre site into a Trim Trail (Outdoor exercise equipment)
- Recruited over 70 previously unemployed local Youths via National and local employability programmes such as Future Jobs Fund and Community Jobs Scotland through Auchinleck Premier Landscaping
- Created 4 Modern Apprenticeships posts for previously unemployed local disadvantaged Youths
- Created a new Social Enterprise (Auchinleck Premier Landscaping) which has established initial commercial success within the locale, assisted by Scottish Government’s Enterprise Ready Fund award for capital equipment and revenue costs to support a Procurement Officer
- Granted Awarded from the Scottish Government’s Strengthening Communities Fund to employ a Development Officer over a 2 year period
- Track Record of Outreach and Engagement
ACDI’s front facing relationship with the local communities, community groups and statutory agencies built over the last 10 years, clearly demonstrates its experience and expertise in engaging with clients and groups at a local level; enabling ACDI to reach the most disengaged people. ACDI has over the last 10 years established and built community trust that sees ACDI as a key community resource and an agency that is approachable, honest and trustworthy in the advice and guidance it provides. ACDI are a fully-fledged partner of the East Ayrshire Job seeking services Partnership, enabling it to influence and support the development of local and regional job seeking support services including the engagement services to be delivered by STEP.
We are keen to take this commitment and success forward with the STEP programme, working even more closely in the community